We all use PC or laptop for our daily works. Have you ever think of having a graphic card which helps your screen to display brighter side? One must know about their requirement while using a PC or laptop. Graphics card helps you to change from your default windows screen to more resolution and gives color depth of your windows. The suppliers of Graphic Card are NVIDIA and AMD. Graphic card is an essential part of system where it converts the processed data into video signals before it is sent to your monitor display. An inbuilt graphic card shares the RAM along with CPU where it reduces the resolution. As the graphic card calculations are complex one must need an external graphic card.
Top 3 Graphics Cards in 2016
Many people’s computer resolution set up will be 640x480x4bpp, this resembles as the first two numbers refer to the number of pixels that are displayed on the screen at one time horizontally. A pixel stands for Picture Element, and is the smallest unit that can be used to form an image. You put a bunch of pixels together to form a picture. The second is the number of pixels displayed vertically. The third number represents the number of bits used to describe a particular color. A computer generally supports at least 1024x768x24bpp (bpp stands for Bits Per Pixel).
EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card 02G-P4-3753-KR
- Performance: GTX750 and GTX 750 Ti cards are probably best in the market when its comes to performance. They are delivering 25 percent more performance than many previous generation graphics cards and better performance doesn’t affect their power efficiency. It is 2 times better than previous generation.
- Connectivity: It is one of the most versatile graphics card when its come to connectivity. It can be connected to a different types of display device from monitors to projectors. You can also connect it with HDTV. Few 3D devices also support connectivity with this graphics card.
- Primed for 1080p gaming
- Looks great
- Very cool under load
- Three-year , transferable warranty
- No memory over clock
- Very expensive
If you are looking for a great looks and excellent cooling potential EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti is the best model.
MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 970 4GB OC DirectX 12 VR READY
- Performance: GeForce GTX delivers the fastest performance, with the most advance gaming technologies and best gaming ecosystem. It is less noisy and have much stronger and better fans. Comes with extremely stylish LED lighting. It is one of the best looking and stronger graphics car in the market.
- Design: The nickel plate helps to cool the GPU. NVIDIA chipset with 4 Gigabytes of DDR5 ram provides great resolution of 4096 x 2160. It is also best for 4k monitors.
- Connectivity: It has connectivity with DVI and HDMI. DVI: 2 (Dual-link DVI-I, Dual-D). HDM1:1(version 1; 4a/2.0). Display port: 3 (version 1.2). Power connectors: 1 x 8-pin, 1 x 6-pin.
- Top-notch 1080p and 1440p gaming
- Impressive efficiency
- Smaller and over clocked SKUs available
- Passive fan mode
- Excellent over clocking
- More expensive than R9 290
- Not able to play 4K games smoothly
EVGA GeForce GAMING Graphics Cards 06G-P4-3998-KR
- Performance: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 comes with 6 Gigabytes of high performing memory. Due to this advance technology 6GB memory, It runs with extremely high clock speeds. Which is helpful to play high quality games.
- Connectivity: EVGA GeForce comes with HDMI 2.0 and two USB ports. USB ports comes with latest 3.0 technology. Along with these two, one DVI-D port and multiple display ports are also part of this graphics card.
- Super fast video editing and rendering compared to GTX 970 on Video Editing.
- Runs super cool during Gaming and Video editing compared to 970 – Max I saw so far is 81 but Idle temps are 26-32
- 6GB VRAM sits beautifully between 12GB and 4GB 970 (aka 3.5GB).
- Price of Ti cards are higher compared to prices they were sold 10 years ago.
- Requires power supply of 750 w
- EVGA packaging was little flimsy compared to 970
Before going for a Graphic Card one must consider the key features that a graphic card should hold. The following are the features of graphic card:
Graphics Processor (GPU)
The GPU determines the quality of images displayed as well as their refresh speed. The NVidia GTX 570 is the highest-performing card, while the 460 and Radeon HD 6850 represent excellent value.
Video Memory or RAM
In a graphics card minimum 1GB of memory is required. The graphics chips now come with GDDR5 RAM. It consists of more clock speed than the previous versions.
This governs how much data can be sent through at once. A 256bit interface gives the best result. The memory can work at higher speeds, as determined by the clock speed.
A graphic card should handle complex 3D math and geometry. If one’s graphic card is failed it can be substituted with the other brand but with same chip and memory allocation, but two different graphic card manufactures use different specifications. The cards with the best combination of memory interface size and clock speed gives best performance.
Stream processors work with either vertex or pixel shaders. When an object has been created by the shaders, a texture or image will be applied to it. Texture units work with the shaders to apply textures as quickly as possible. It gives the card full potential for gaming.
You must ensure that the card is fit for your Power Supply Unit (PSU). The PSU should handle the demands of card.
- Gaming: We all love gaming with a 3D effects and all the special effects. For this a good graphic card for gaming is needed so that it gives the real time experience.
- 3D Visualization: Graphic processing units drive the environment to 3D visualization. Software that lets you visualize objects in 3 dimensions relies on the GPU.
- It gives more colors and better pictures to your PC or laptop.
- It gives the brighter appearance of the screen and lowers the dim appearance of your PC or laptop.
- It helps you to run more applications and games at high resolution that gives a real time experience.
If the technology itself giving us lot more features to use, then why should we live in the same era with the same screen display that is inbuilt with a PC or laptop. Get a graphic card and enjoy gaming and lot more with your device. Graphic card also came with other features which include advanced rendering of 3D and 2D graphics, fire wire, video capture, MPEG-2/MPEG-4 decoding, TV-tuner adapter, light pen and capability to connect several monitors. There are high performance graphics card that are used for more graphically demanding functions like photo editing and computer gaming.